Mascara: Green Is The New Pure Black
by Paige Donner
With awards season fully underway and the first of 2014’s runway shows revving up for the world’s hottest fashion weeks, a girl needs her go-to makeup product right at hand. Yes, mascara.
Of course ! Mascara .
According to Premium Beauty News, 54% of women say they couldn’t go without mascara. And counting all distribution channels combined, a whopping one billion little tubes of mascara are sold each year.
Still, one woman out of two claim to have sensitive eyes and who doesn’t want to pamper their peepers ?
So for all you awards show and fashion divas, and all the rest of us lovely creatures who prefer just to watch the parading down runways and red carpets from our perfectly made up eyes, Greening Beauty has scoured the makeup world to find our top picks for green glam when it comes to mascara.
They are Bourjois’s UNE Green Pride Volume Mascara and Avène’s High Tolerance Mascara in its Couvrance line of cosmetics.
UNE is a lusciously lip-smacking green line of makeup, available in Europe (not yet in North America but can be found online) created by Bourjois, one of France’s most established makeup manufacturers. And now they’ve reinvented Black, for the Ultra Black Green Pride Volume Mascara.
Avène is a leading French cosmetics house that specializes in sensitive skin and is one of the pioneers of cosmeceuticals. Their full name is Laboratoires Dermatologiques Avène and for their newest mascara, High Tolerance Mascara, just released in November ’13, they have focused on a product that wears easily not just for women with sensitive eyes or contact lenses, but also for women who want their eyes to sparkle and shine from behind lush, long, black (or brown) lashes.
A few highlights of UNE’s organic and Ultra Black Mascara :
- Ecocert certified. Means 100% of total ingredients are from natural origin.
- Boosts lashes by 14x using a combination recipe of three natural waxes : shea butter, carnauba and beeswax. These sculpt, coat and maximize the sheen of the lashes.
- Holds for 16 hours thanks to the natural polymer, xantham gum.
- Absolute black for the Ultra Black pigment achieved by pure iron oxide.
- Brush is small and equipped with supple fibers and « reservoir spaces », a technology that evenly distributes the mascara to avoid clumping, applying the perfect amount in a single sweep.
- Easily removeable. No rubbing, just dab with spring water and the makeup dissolves gently, respecting sensitive eyes and keeping eyes young looking.
A few highlights of Avène’s High Tolerance Mascara
- Dedicated to dermatology since 1743, Avène has pioneered the concept of « sterile cosmetiques » or ultra pure cosmetics.
- The Ultra pure pigments for both their black and brown mascaras have a minimum of metal content.
- No Paraben. No Phenoxyethanol. No chlorophenesin. No fragrance.
- Acacia gum allows for full lashes with no clumping. Even after applying several layers. The sheathing and film producing of the natural polymer – acacia gum – mean each lash is coated for perfect definition.
- Ultra light micro beads in the silica powder increase volume while maintaining a natural effect.
- Volumising effect : +42% Lengthening effect : +39%
- High precision brush curved in the shape of an eyelid. Concave side works to make the lashes fuller and lusher. Convex side works to separate the lashes for better definition.
- Long-lasting : More than 8 hours. Guarantees no clumping while giving high-volume and curl.
- Easily removeable. Spray a bit of Avène Eau Thermale (natural and very pure French spring water) on your eyes and gently dab with cotton pad to remove.
And Voila’ ! You will not only have the mirrors to your soul shining like rock stars, but your eyes will be saying thank you the whole time to you, too.
http://www.pierre-fabre.com (Laboratoires Dermatologiques Avène)
Recycle, Reuse, Rejoice!